What is Air Abrasion ?
Air Abrasion is a system we were able to treat small to medium size cavities without needle or journal what we use as a small hand piece that acts like mini sand blaster and were able to remove the decay quickly and painlessly its great for children its great for people who are free annual an adrenaline plus railway use a very static filings with the system it’s very popular and use a quite often.
Air abrasion sometimes reduces the need for anesthesia, particularly if the cavity is shallow. Also reduces the risk of fracturing and chipping of the tooth, not affecting the life span of the filling.
What Are the Disadvantages of Air Abrasion?
Compared with the traditional drilling method, the advantages of air abrasion are many and include the following:
- Air abrasion generates no heat, pressure, or vibration.
- Air abrasion sometimes reduces the need for anesthesia, particularly if the cavity is shallow.
- Air abrasion leaves more of the healthy tooth tissue behind.
- Air abrasion reduces the risk of fracturing and chipping of the tooth, which some dentists believe can affect the life span of the filling.
- The procedure is relatively simple, although it may take longer than traditional drilling.